Qualifications for Enrollment
- Parents must be in agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of Faith (https://vcahibbing.com/aboutvca/).
- A copy of a certified birth certificate is required.
- Students must meet Minnesota birth date and grade level requirements.
- Immunizations must be current with the requirements of the MN Department of Health or have a medical exemption signed by their doctor on file.
- Placement tests may be required to place students where they will successfully thrive academically.
The administrator will meet with all new families prior to admission to the school. During this interview, the administrator will ask questions of the parents and students to make sure they understand what VCA is all about and what is expected of them. Areas to be covered during the interview may include: do they agree with the doctrinal statement, do they understand the policies, etc. The administrator would also cover any questions they may have.
All new students will be placed on a 9-week probation period for the purpose of determining the student’s and parent’s willingness to comply with all school policies and for examination of academic proficiency. After the 9-week period, or earlier if proven necessary, the administrator will meet with the student and determine whether they stay or leave. During the 9-week period the parents will be given a written or verbal report on progress of their student.